Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Journaling

Every time we read a new story, we also journal, which means picking an illustration from the book and I write a short sentence to go along with the picture.  Today we read "Chugga Chugga Choo Choo" and below is my journal.  Please keep in mind, that the students are sitting on the carpet and I am drawing in my journal on my Elmo, which is projected onto my screen, so students are getting step by step instructions on how to draw the picture.


Now, I always have the students bring their journal to me so I can check to make sure they have proper casing, finger spacing, and a period.  This was one of my students' journals, and I was so impressed by her work that I had to post it!  Now, seriously how awesome is this?!?!  Oh, and for kicks and jollies, this students is ELL.  I'm so proud!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment