Thursday, August 30, 2012

Back to School Night

A month into school already and now it's Back to School Night, even though it only last for half an hour.  I had found some wonderful and very creative ideas on Pinterest this summer and I wanted to implment them into my Back to School Night this year.  The first idea I saw was this "When we Grow Up" collage, which I though was beyond adorable.  The original post was used with older students but I figured there was no reason why I couldn't implement the same idea with my Kindergartener's.  Especially, at this age they are so creative!  I was thrilled with the result, so I printed a 24x36 engineering poster (only $3.95!) down at Kinko's and I've hung the poster up, which will stay up for the rest of the year.

Another super cute idea I saw was when the student's had to draw a portrait of themselves and then the parents had to guess which illustration was their child's!



Parents had a chance to view their child's work that we have been working on all year!  We have been working on Brown Bear, Monster Colors, Shapes. and our Language Arts packet (which reinforces the color of the day that we learned).  At the end of the day, students draw the shape of the day in their journal.  They love making the shapes' silly faces!



As you can see, these are all of the shapes the student's learn during the month of August.  Each shapes comes with a rhyming poem and we learn the color that the shape is.  Students also dress in the color that we are learning.  




The last thing we did for open house, was our tissue paper art.  We will always make a project every month and hang it up on our Student Work Wall.  The art project the students do will always relate to the month, It's usually related to a holiday!  The pizza's are my rubric.  Since we don't give grades in Kindergarten, the pizza's are a great way to show the student's what quality work is and what is expected of them!



2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the dreams collage...precious. =)

    I am happy to be the newest follower of your cute blog. If you get the chance I would love for you to hop over and visit me.


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Heather! I'm so excited that you joined my blog, I was starting to wonder why more people weren't joining but you lifted my spirits! I'm headed over to your blog right now :)

    ReplyDelete