Saturday, November 10, 2012

CVC Practice

I went to Wal-Mart a few weeks ago and I saw these plates in the baby section, which has some great stuff for the classroom!  When I saw them, my mind went crazy and I thought how great these would be for word building.  On the left I put the constants and on the right side I put the vowel.  Once we learn more letter and vowels, they will be added to the plates.  During centers, I work with a small group and give students cvc words for them to sound out and they have to put the finished word on the bottom section.  This activity not only allows students to sound out the words but they also have to identify the letters.  I bought six plates, so each student gets one and I also use one incase I need to help a student.





No comments:

Post a Comment