Sunday, August 19, 2012

Weekly Lunches

I was on Pinterest one day and stumbled upon these pre-made salads for the week, what a great idea.  I like to eat healthy, I am not one to buy school lunches.  Over the past years, I've always made my lunch every single day.  After seeing this idea, for the past three weeks I've been making weekly salads and it's been so amazing!  Not only does it save me so much time in the morning but it's super filling.  You need to layer your salads from the heaviest to the lightest.  I put olives, tomatoes, mushrooms, peppers, avocado all on the bottom of the Mason Jar.  Then, I make sure that the lettuce is nice and dry after rinsing it, cut it up and gently lay it on top.  DO NOT put salad dressing on until you are ready to eat your salad, otherwise it will become soggy :(.




Of course, I'm not done yet!  I also make apple and cinnamon muffins for the week so my husband and I have a healthy and easy breakfast.  Below is the recipe from the book, 500 Cupcakes.  They are so yummy!




2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cups superfin sugar
4 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. cinnamon
4 tbsp. vegetable oil
1/4 cup sweet butter, melted
2 lightly beaten eggs
3/4 cup buttermilk
2 small apples, peeled, cored, and finely diced

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
Grease a 12-cup muffin pan

In a medium bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon.  Set aside.

In a large bowl, beat the butter, eggs, and buttermilk with an electric mixer until well combined.  Add the flour mixture and beat until nearly combined.  Stir in the apples.  Do not overmix.  Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan.

Bake for 20 minutes.  Remove pan from the oven and cool for 5 minutes.  Then remove the muffins and cool on a rack.

Makes 1/2 dozen


No comments:

Post a Comment